Latest Article- 30 /01/2017
You must have read umpteen number of articles, guides and how-tos on the internet talking about monetizing your app’s digital spaces. But, in the mobile app industry, innovation is the key to generate return on investment. You cannot opt out of traditional marketing practices; and yet you will need a consistent approach for targeting your users by striking a balance between content, assets, innovation and tradition.
Here’s a list of five innovative ways to stay ahead in the crowd and monetize your app’s digital space:
1. Incent based Content Locking – If your app has a website then the first step forward should be to go for CPA marketing and offer users simple achievable tasks to do. For instance, signing up for access to a free trial of your services, submitting an email address to stay updated, entering a competition, small survey etc. Offering incent works much more effectively when coupled with content locking. You essentially need to lock content which will be made visible only if the user performs certain actions. Then each action can be incentivized to lure the user further into the app.
2. Campaign Optimization – Tell your brand story through multiple ad formats like Standard, Native, Interstitials, Video and Rich Media. AppDrive’s rewarded technology platform automatically suggests every channel relevant to your app thus crafting seamless experiences. Go beyond devices with our programmatic self-serve platform and take charge. Whether on a website or a mobile app, our partnerships with leading publishers worldwide helps you reach your users, wherever they are. Get advanced analytics and full insights to fine tune your campaign as you go! Niche publishers, global reach and quality leads helps you optimize your campaign ROI.
3. Assess your competitors – These days app-preneurs are instinctively developing apps and intuitively spending their advertising budget. Obviously, this strategy is inefficient and immature. It is important to make informed decisions and understand the competition out there prior to making any strategy to monetize your app. By assessing your competitor’s performance, you will not only strategize better, but it will also help create a unique proposition for your app. Maximize your ROI with realistic figures from the industry and stay ahead from the crowd.
4. Partnership – If your app offers services/products which might complement some other app’s business or you find an app whose customer base aligns with your target audience (vice versa also holds true in this scenario), then you can partner with such companies in exchange for a referral fee and offer more value to your customers. For instance, integration of 3rd party wallet in your apps, sponsoring an event in your target geographical location or simple back linking can generate lucrative revenue generation opportunities across all industry verticals.
5. Inventory Campaigning – If you have an inventory of digital space available across different apps, then you can directly reach out to sell to various publishers/ affiliates/ ad networks and they can run a managed campaign to utilize your resources.
You can only stay ahead in this rat race by strategizing your path ahead. We all begin from the same starting line, most of us complete the race, yet very few of us cross the finish line within a stipulated time-frame. While the time restriction won’t matter in a real race, in this digital age if you are not fast enough, you might as well be replaced by an even better competitor or be forgotten by the users.